SEI conducts inspections, surveys or examinations of marine vessels to assess monitor and report on their condition.
Our surveyors also experienced on inspection equipment intended for new or existing vessels to ensure compliance with various standards or specifications. Our surveys include the structure, machinery and equipment (navigational, safety etc.) and general condition of a vessel. It also includes judging materials on board and their condition.
Our surveys is often closely associated with marine insurance, damage and salvage, accident and fraud investigation as insurers generally lack the training and skills required to perform a detailed assessment of the condition of a vessel. We have close contacts with the marine lawyers. Sometimes we have employed by insurers directly. As Independent Marine Surveyors also employed by the clients of marine insurers to provide evidence in support of damage claims made against the insurer.
We will be glad to serve our clients on below issues in good faith together with our best knowledge.
- Cargo Damage Surveys
- Casualty Investigation (Total Loss)
- Condition Surveys (JH 2006/010A, JH 2006/010B, JH 2006/010D) / Risk Assessment
- Fire and Explosion Inspections
- Flag State Inspections
- G.A. (General Average) Surveys
- Grounding and Flooding
- Heavy Weather
- Lay-Up or Re-activation Surveys
- Machinery failure and shaft breakage
- Main Engine/Crankshaft damage
- Office Management Assessment (JH 2006/010C)
- On / Off Hire Surveys
- P&l Condition Surveys
- Pre-Purchase Condition Surveys
- Third Party Liability Surveys
- Towage Approval Surveys